Do you love books? Me, too! Please join the fun by answering at least one of the questions in the comments or write a post and join the party!
Here are this month's questions:
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it! I find myself unwinding each day with Jan Karon's Mitford series, currently reading the third book in the series, These High Green Hills. These soothing novels tell the day to day lives of the sweet, gentle residents of Mitford. 'Perfect for bedtime reading.
2. What was your favorite series to read when you were a kid? There's more than one, but my very first favorite series was Carolyn Haywood and all of her books about Betsy.
3. The world is ending: What 3 books do you save from your collection in hopes to contribute to whatever new society forms? 1. Holy Bible. 2. Complete Works of Shakespeare. 3. Poetry Collection by Robert Frost.
4. What is your favorite genre to read? Why? At different times, I prefer different genres.
5. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? What Could Go Wrong? ;-)
6. What is next on your "to-read" list? Tell us about it! I'll probably finish the series by Jan Karon.
Taylor at Pink Heels Pink Truck
Christine at Life with a Side of Coffee...
I love the Mitford series. Currently reading Lily White by Susan Isaacs about a lawyer conned by the conman she is defending. I read the Jalna series several times in junior high. Never thought about writing a post about my reading habits. I am the person who sleeps with three books in case I wake in the middle of the night and need to read! My bio would be titled I Spent Years Getting This Rusty. this was fun!ReplyDelete
I am reading "In The Garden Of Beasts" by Erik Larson. I don't remember reading a series until I read "The Hobbit" in 6th grade. Hmmm..books to save for a new society..."The Bible", "The Hobbit", and "The Sneetches" by Dr. Seuss. Book about me? "What are the Odds?" For the first time in a long time...I don't have another book lined up...but the one I'm reading is a long one, so there's time!ReplyDelete
I wish I had more time to read. I read a lot of blogs and health articles! But have been enjoying a series by Janette Oke, Four seasons, I think it is called. Really good old fashioned farmstead books. I love reading about that time in history.ReplyDelete
Boxcar children was my favorite series as a kid.
About me? Why am I so rich and successful? (hey, Think and grow rich, right?)
What do I save? The scriptures.
I go back and forth between children's lit, historical fiction, and self help books.
I hope to get past the first Chapter of The Big leap by Gay Hendricks.
Currently reading: Truck: A Love Story, by Michael Perry.ReplyDelete
Favorite as a kid: The Boxcar Children. Only I didn't read the 'series'. I just kept reading the first book over and over. Loved it.
Books to save: I can only think of one this very second, because it's my all time favorite: Devil in the White City, by Erik Larson. Maybe also all of Garrison Keillor's work.
Book about my life: Walk of Shame (ahahahaha)
Next to read: I have many. My local library has a comprehensive online system including a 'wish list'. I just keep adding titles on there and get to them when I can. It's luxurious.
Ah! I love your three choices of books-Shakespeare and Frost are a MUST! Thanks for linking up with us over at the Literary Junkies and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)ReplyDelete
I didn't even think to save the Shakespeare collection! I absolutely love himReplyDelete