The link party will be tomorrow! Get ready! ;-) I can't wait to see everyone's progress!
Here's my Original Post of 20 Wishes for 2014! Below are my February updates in BLUE! March updates in Green!
1. Celebrate 28 years of marriage!
Done! My first post about it is Right Here!
And here is my Second Post about it!
3. Attend concerts.
Fitness Goals - Last year, one of my 20 Wishes led me to a Cross Fit gym. Working out has taken on a whole new meaning for me and I am usually in the gym five days a week.
A little setback in this department! Between being out of town for our anniversary and having a yucky stomach virus, my workouts have been pretty weak in February.
March has been a better month for workouts. I haven't missed any. With the Opens going on in CrossFit, there's a lot of added excitement about giving your very best effort.
4. I want to be a size 4 by May 1 and maintain it thru the rest of
5. Run four 5ks, one in each quarter of the year.
Exciting progress! I completed a modified workout with my toes (not knees) on a box, the last modification before going for the 'real' ones! It's hard to describe the sense of accomplishment when progressing to a new level! I'll now start splitting reps between real ones and toes on a box.
7. Complete an entire workout with REAL Pull Ups, no modifications.
8. Complete an entire workout with REAL Toes to Bar, no modifications.
Definite progress here. Yesterday I completed a workout with Toes to Rings! Every single one would have counted. Also, my trainer, Gil, kept encouraging me until I got my first real Toes to Bars this month. Thanks, Gil!
9. Get stretchy enough that I can do the splits again, both sides.
Did you see my Word of the Year Craft? It's about flexibility!
If those get accomplished: Bonus Goals are Double Unders and Ring Dips. Oh, and I'd like to know how many grandmothers across our great nation are choosing Cross Fit goals? ;-) I'm going to need gobs of support and a whole lot of tenacity. Those are going to be tough to achieve! If you have any quotes, tips or advice, please send them my way!
10. Complete a quilt for each of my children.
One down! Wanna see it? Click HERE!
11. Inspired by Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings, sew something for myself monthly and join the fun at "Sew Our Stash"
January's deadline snuck up on me, but at the last second, I made a Maxi Skirt! I love it!
February's project was a Raglan Sleeve Top!
12. Inspired from Adventures in Dressmaking, follow Susannah's Sewing Resolutions. Basically, I should fuss and worry over my pattern and fabric choices for ME just as much as when I am sewing for someone else. Well, DUH! ;-)
13. Take a photography class.
14. Learn photo shop.
15. Make my own herbal salad dressing.
16. Create and write down 3 recipes for artisan cheese.
17. Re-Vamp my "Herbs: A Place to Begin" presentation into a one hour program.
This one is complete, too! My 30 minute program became a one hour class. I gave a presentation in January and have been invited to give another one in April! This time, they want a 15 minute program! ;-) Another re-vamp will be needed! That's OK, though. Each makeover gives me a new idea. Did I mention my Word of the Year is about flexibility? ;-)
18. Learn more bloggy techy things.
19. Monetize and grow my blog.
20. Read and blog about 26 books.
This goal is on track so far. 'Still reading and posting book reviews. I wrote about my 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime, too! Do I get bonus points for that? ;-)
'Still on track! Being part of Literary Junkies makes it even more fun!
Whew! It's very rewarding to check off items on my 20 Wishes list! I hope you'll join us on Wednesday for the link party! I'd love to see what you've done!