Another crazy experiment in Friendship Bread... This one is tasty, too!
You might remember the Original Friendship Bread or the Chocolate, White Chocolate Chip . Here are all the steps!
DO NOT use any type of metal spoon or bowl for mixing.
DO NOT refrigerate.
If air gets in the bag, let it out
It is normal for the batter to rise and ferment
________Day 1- Do Nothing
________Day 2– Mash the Bag
________Day 3– Mash the Bag
________Day 4– Mash the Bag
________Day 5– Mash the Bag
________Day 6– Add to the Bag: 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk, Mash the Bag
________Day 7– Mash the Bag
________Day 8– Mash the Bag
________Day 9– Mash the Bag
________Day 10– FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
1. Pour entire contents of the bag into a non-metal bowl. ADD 1½ cups sugar and 1½ cups milk.
2. Measure out 4 separate batters of 1 cup each into a 1 gallon Ziplock Bags. Keep a starter for yourself and give away 3 others to friends along with a copy of this recipe (Note: you will be baking every 10 days if you keep a starter. ) The bread is very good and makes a great gift. Only the Amish know how to create a starter, so if you give all of yours away, you will have to wait until someone gives you one back. Should this recipe not be passed to a friend on the first day, be sure to date the bag, and be sure to let them know what day the bag is on.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. To Remaining Batter add the following:
1 cup butterl (or ½ cup oil and ½ cup applesauce)
½ cup milk
2 cups flour
1½ tsp baking power
½ tsp of each: vanilla, baking soda and salt
1 large box of instant lemon pudding
zest from 1 lemon, juice from 1/2 lemon
1 bag frozen mixed berries
3. Grease 2 loaf pans or one 9 x 13 cake pan
4. Pour the batter evenly into the pan(s). Bake for 1 hour, cool until bread loosens from the sides.
Glaze! (See recipe below for Lemon Glaze)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 Tablespoons butter
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
Melt butter in small sauce pan. Add lemon juice. Add powdered sugar. Stir until blended. Depending on desired consistency, you may want to add a little more or a little less powdered sugar.