Thank you, Kassi and Kayli at Truly Lovely , for hosting a wonderful link party all about one year of fulfilling twenty wishes. The idea is to make a list of what I WANT to do, not have to do, or need to do, but what I WANT to do next year!
1. Celebrate 27 years of marriage! I know, right?
2. Vacation in Colorado.
3. Attend concerts.
4. Increase my herb collection.
5. Create a new presentation on herbs for when I am asked to speak.
6. Complete 5 hypertufa projects.
7. Learn soap making.
8. Create my own herbal bath salts.
9. Create my very own herbal lip balm.
10. Learn to quilt.
11. Sew one quilt for each of my children.
12. Take a photography class.
13. Learn Photo Shop... OK, so I bought the program last year and still have not opened it. EESH!
14. Organize leadership at Herb Society of NWA.
15. Run a 5k. This is an interesting one. In 2002, I ran a half marathon. Just a few months later I was diagnosed with an early stage of cancer. Returning to distance running is therapeutic on so many levels.
16. Successfully complete a Warrior Dash with a respectable time. I have already registered! Isn't that exciting!!
18. Get really good at making artisan cheese. I'm just beginning to learn right now. If you have any recipes or can recommend any sites, that would be awesome!
19. Learn bloggy, techy things. OK. I don't really know what those things are, but I would like to! Can anyone help?
20. Monetize my blog somehow. 'Dunno about that either. Any advice? Anyone?
What do you WANT to accomplish next year? Please join the fun at Truly Lovely !
I am hoping to do a Warrior dash or Mud run this year (that was one of my 20 wishes) I like the 'learn bloggy techy things' because that is something I want to learn too.. though not on my list. And congrats on 27 (almost) years of marriage. WOW!! :)ReplyDelete
LOVE your list Marci!!! I would be delighted to help with the bloggy and monetizing things! Just let me know what questions you have! :) Thanks for linking up with us! Excited to watch your progress!!!!ReplyDelete
Oh wow, what a great post to think about. I have so many things i want to do.ReplyDelete
FOr one, I want to plan a junkin trip between you and me. :)
Hi Marci! Thanks for visiting me. I think we have a lot in common after reading your list; want to do soap making and cheese making, have taken photo classes, already know how to quilt,love to grow things and concoct things, learned lots of bloggy techy things this last year. My list? Ummm I'd have to think to hard to figure that out right now. I stopped making that kind of list for myself because it seems my family always changes things for me. I grew up in a rock house with land and animals and always wanted to live in one again, that would be my dream home. Hope to see you back! Link up some time:)ReplyDelete
Hi I am following you from the hop and would also love to learn some blogging techy things :) It can be overwhelming at times.ReplyDelete
I like your idea of making a herb salad dressing.
I would love for you to follow back.
Nice list! Now I can wish to add some of yours in mine!!ReplyDelete
As per #20 I use Rivitmedia . com
Wow! You have quite an amazing list! I'm going to have to give mine some thought! Sewing is probably not going to be on mine, although becoming friend with my sewing machine probably should be on there!! See you later alligator!ReplyDelete
Came over from Silo Hill Farm to read your twenty wishes. This is a very good idea for the coming New Year. Last year I made a Leap List of five things I hoped to accomplish, and here in November, I have completed each one. I like that I could extend the wish to more than just accomplishments. Glad I met you over at Danni's!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing this! I'm going to do a wishlist too after seeing this post. I'll be making mine public next Friday :D I look forward to hearing more about your herbs and your cheese adventures. Any advice you get on monetizing you can pass my way, I need help with that as well.ReplyDelete
This is really neat! I love the idea of setting goals of what you want to no not have to do! Following you :)ReplyDelete
Ok, I don't even know what hypertufa is. And, make plans to come to the Arkansas Women Bloggers Conference this year - that will knock out #19 and #20 on your list, at the minimum! (stopping by from the ARWB 2012/2013 linkup)ReplyDelete
I hope a few of those bring you to the Folk Center!ReplyDelete