Have you ever participated in a Color Run? This was my first and I did it with my favorite running buddies!
These are some seriously cool peeps right here, our daughter and all three grandbabies!
Here are our BEFORE photos all clean and shiny!
As we arrived, the music was rockin' loud and the announcer was instigating color fights!
In these photos, we hadn't even begun the race yet! This was after ONE color fight! If you think we look crazy, you should see the other guy! ;-) Our grandson LOVED the friendly battles!
Right on time, participants began the 5K course through the Washington County Fairgrounds!
I really liked how we were released in groups of about 200 every 5 minutes or so. There were lots of families like us with little ones. The organizers kept us somewhat spaced so no one was trampled or separated from their buddies.
Throughout the race, more colored powder was thrown on the runners. Our girls especially loved the pink station! Lots of volunteers gave handfuls of color to the kids. There were silly battles all over the place!
Here is our AFTER photo. Can you tell we had a blast?
1. I would definitely recommend wearing things that you don't mind getting messy.
2. Our run was on a very hot and humid day. Lots of families had little water guns.
3. Even though the colored powder is not toxic, the kids were pretty wild with it. Sunglasses definitely helped our little ones enjoy the vibrant fun!
4. Make sure you change clothes before getting back in your car.
5. Bring along some towels to protect your seats AND some plastic bags to contain the crazy color clothes!
6. I am glad I purchased extra packets of color during online registration. The kids LOVED throwing it on each other and anyone who got near them!
7. Definitely pick up your registration packets before race day. There is LOTS of activity the day of the race!
8. Don't be too serious about your run.
9. There is lots of laughter throughout the race. Several participants wore bandanas over their faces. While the colored powder is not toxic, it really doesn't taste that great.
10. Take lots of photos.
With a little planning, you will be rewarded with big smiles and sweet memories!
What colorful things are happening near you?